Cornerstone Christian Church of Christ in Redwood Falls, Minnesota is searching for a prayerful and enthusiastic Senior Pastor who is dedicated to serving others in the love of Jesus Christ. The Senior Pastor will work jointly with the Worship Pastor and newly developed Youth and Family Minister position, under the oversight of the Elders, to spiritually strengthen a diverse 120 member congregation. Cornerstone currently conducts one Sunday service.
- Maintain a regular program of study to effectively preach and teach.
- Work with ministry team leaders (Stewardship, Discipleship, Worship, Evangelism and Fellowship) and Elders to identify and meet the needs of the congregation.
- Continue to develop servant leaders for adult small groups, Bible studies as well as ministries designed to help people connect with Christ and with other believers.
- Work within, and continue to develop and grow our children’s outreach program. We are dedicated to bringing both Christ and a meal to community children on Wednesday evenings.
- Provide support and prayer for an active, visible and evangelical community outreach program. Cornerstone participates in local events such as Summer Splash, Night Falls, Fire and Ice, and others, to bring the Word into the community.
- Guide volunteers to develop and lead effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority. We currently provide assistance to Feed My Starving Children, Pine Haven Christian Assembly Camp in Park Rapids, MN, and a variety of local, regional and international missions.
- Lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Work with church leadership to draw and retain new families to Cornerstone and ultimately to Christ.
- Supervise the work of both volunteer and paid staff.
- Perform pastoral counseling, along with wedding and funeral services.
- Effectively communicate the direction and vision of the Church.
- Preach God’s word in a personal and engaging manner, while challenging the church to grow and to use their faith to bring others to the Lord.
- Set an example of personal values as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4.
Cornerstone Christian Church is also developing a Child and Family Minister position and calling applicants during this process. The Child and Family Minister will work with the Senior Pastor and Worship Pastor to meet the needs of children and families and to foster growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Some prior ministry experience.
- Inspiring and challenging preacher and teacher.
- Experience in outreach and evangelism.
- Strategic thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Redwood Falls is located in southwest Minnesota, and is a community of 5000 surrounded by lush farm land. Nestled on the Minnesota and Redwood Rivers, it boasts a fantastic waterfall located in a beautiful city park and excellent schools. We are minutes from fishing, golfing, camping and many other outdoor activities. We are 2 hours from the Minneapolis/St Paul metropolitan area, and larger city shopping is easily found within an hour’s drive.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. More information: www.cornerstonerf.com
To apply send Cover Letter and Resume to: Cornerstone Christian Church, 241 E. 3rd Street, Redwood Falls, MN 56283, Attn: Call Committee OR to firstname.lastname@example.org