Cornerstone Christian Church of Christ in Redwood Falls, Minnesota is searching for an energetic and enthusiastic Deacon to fill the newly-created Youth and Family Minister position, dedicated to serving alongside the Senior Pastor and Worship Pastor. The Youth and Family Minister will work with children and their families, discipling them and fostering growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ through the creation and continuation of year-round experiences in worship, learning, and service. The Youth and Family Minister will serve within the vision, values, and core beliefs of Cornerstone Christian Church, and function as a member of the pastoral staff as directed by the Eldership. This position is flexible in its full-time or part-time status so as to best suit the needs of the candidate, the needs of his/her family, and the needs of the Cornerstone Christian Church.
- Work within, and continue to develop and grow our children’s outreach program. We are dedicated to bringing both Christ and a meal to community children on Wednesday evenings.
- Provide support and prayer for an active, visible and evangelical community outreach program. Cornerstone participates in local events such as Summer Splash, Night Falls, Fire and Ice, and others, to bring the Word into the community.
- Guide volunteers to develop and lead effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority. We currently provide assistance to Feed My Starving Children, Pine Haven Christian Assembly Camp in Park Rapids, MN, and a variety of local, regional and international missions.
- Work with ministry team leaders (Stewardship, Discipleship, Worship, Evangelism and Fellowship) and Elders to identify and meet the needs of all “life stages” in the congregation.
- Continue to develop adult and youth servant leaders for youth and adult small groups, Bible studies as well as ministries designed to help all ages connect with Christ and with other believers.
- Recruiting, discipling, organizing, scheduling, and the equipping of volunteers with both initial and continuing education, as well providing the encouragement necessary to create and maintain a successful, vibrant, and attractive child and family ministry.
- Identifying and tending to the needs of all who belong to our Church.
- Attendance at and contribution to leadership meetings, along with the Elders, staff, and ministry team leaders to coordinate and integrate children’s discipleship programming plans and activities with the overall mission, work, and focus of Cornerstone Christian Church.
This is a newly created position. The Youth and Family Minister will work with the Senior Pastor and Worship Pastor to meet the needs of children and families and to foster growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Some prior ministry experience.
- Inspiring and challenging leader and teacher.
- Experience in outreach and evangelism.
- Strategic thinking.
- Associate’s degree desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Redwood Falls is located in southwest Minnesota, and is a community of 5000 surrounded by lush farm land. Nestled on the Minnesota and Redwood Rivers, it boasts a fantastic waterfall located in a beautiful city park and excellent schools. We are minutes from fishing, golfing, camping and many other outdoor activities. We are 2 hours from the Minneapolis/St Paul metropolitan area, and larger city shopping is easily found within an hour’s drive.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. More information: www.cornerstonerf.com
To apply send Cover Letter and Resume to: Cornerstone Christian Church, 241 E. 3rd Street, Redwood Falls, MN 56283, Attn: Call Committee OR to firstname.lastname@example.org